Monday, August 22, 2016

A free band saw

Thanks to my wife's keen eye on our neighborhood message board, I just scored a FREE band saw.  It seems that someone was cleaning out their garage and just wanted to get it out of their ASAP.  It's a Craftsman 12" band saw from the 80s.

Check out the pictures below.  It needs one new tire and a new table insert (which I might be able to make myself).  It seems like the bearings are in good shape, the tensioner works, and the motor runs.  So after some cleaning, lubricating, adjusting, and $30-40 in parts it should be in good shape again.

This is after I brushed off the loose dirt and cobwebs

It's dirty, a little rusty, and several generations of
wasps have lived in there, but the bones looks
pretty good.

The motor pulley and belt need to be re-attached.  No biggie.

This is probably the biggest issue (which still isn't bad).  The
top wheel needs a new tire since a section of it is missing.

No comments: